Focus on Corporate Finance
Registering for CPD Fest 2021 couldn’t be more straightforward. We have three packages for you to choose from – 8 hours, 16 hours and 24 hours of CPD – allowing you to customize the event to your own specific needs. Once purchased, pick ‘n’ mix the topics of most interest and relevance to you from any of the sessions running across the week of CPD Fest 2021.
CPD Fest Packages:
Any 8 CPD Fest Sessions
Any 16 CPD Fest Sessions
Any 24 CPD Fest Sessions
The 12 Gifts Of CPD Fest
Over the coming weeks we are going to give you advance access to hugely valuable extracts from the note packs The CPD Fest & The Essential Advisors’ Mix.
With The 12 Gifts of CPD Fest you will get guides, financial statements, checklists, tools, tax papers, letters of engagement and reports all the way up to and including the kitchen sink!
Registration for The 12 Gifts Of CPD Fest is free, quick and straight forward and you can do so here:
Join Cormac Lucey as he takes us through this 4 part full day course which is aimed at finance professionals working within SMEs and their professional advisers who wish to remain up to date on the corporate finance environment facing them, including:
- Practising accountants who are advising clients on corporate finance matters
- Accountants who are trusted advisors to the family business
- Accountants in business who wish to get up to speed on corporate finance topics
- Advisors who wish to gain fresh ideas for finance options and company valuations
Session 1: An Increasingly Precarious Investment Landscape
09:00 – 10:40
This session will cover:
- After the pandemic rebound, where is the economy going now?
- Could inflation make a return? And what would be the consequences?
- Are deposit interest rates ever going to rise again?
- When asset values are so high, is there anywhere safe to invest?
- What are the most likely scenarios to unfold over the next 2-5 years?
Session 2: Corporate Finance Bootcamp I
11:00 – 12:40
The key techniques of corporate finance covered in just 2 sessions, part 1.
- Analysis of financial statements – a basic template for analysing financial statements
- What are the warning signs that there’s something wrong with the financials?
- Revisiting discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis to correct a major shortcoming of the internal rate of return (IRR) method
- The use and abuse of valuation multiples.
Session 3: Corporate Finance Bootcamp II
13:40 – 15:20
The key techniques of corporate finance covered in just 2 sessions, part 2.
- Why cost of capital matters and how to estimate it
- Company valuation: theory, practice and key techniques
- Valuing SMEs and complicated situations
- Signposts to help navigate the business and valuation cycles.
Session 4: Buying and in Selling a Business
15:40 – 17:20
This session will cover:
- Steps in a transaction
- Head of agreement
- Due diligence
- Legal documentation
- The MBO market & recent transactions
Key Learning Outcomes
Participants will gain an understanding of current key corporate finance concepts and developments and be able to apply these in practice.
CPD Course Facilitators
Cormac Lucey – Finance Lecturer & Economics Columnist
Cormac Lucey teaches finance at the Irish Management Institute, University College Dublin and Chartered Accountants Ireland. He is a chartered accountant and has worked in various financial roles in banking and in industry in Ireland and in Germany. He lives in Dublin with his wife and son.