The Effective Accountant
Registering for CPD Fest 2022 couldn’t be more straightforward. We have three packages for you to choose from – 8 hours, 16 hours and 24 hours of CPD – allowing you to customise the event to your own specific needs. Once purchased, pick ‘n’ mix the topics of most interest and relevance to you from any of the sessions running across the week of CPD Fest 2022.
CPD Fest Packages:
Any 8 CPD Fest Sessions
Any 16 CPD Fest Sessions
Any 24 CPD Fest Sessions
The 12 Gifts Of CPD Fest
Over the coming weeks we are going to give you advance access to hugely valuable extracts from the note packs The CPD Fest & The Essential Advisors’ Mix.
With The 12 Gifts of CPD Fest you will get guides, financial statements, checklists, tools, tax papers, letters of engagement and reports all the way up to and including the kitchen sink!
Registration for The 12 Gifts Of CPD Fest is free, quick and straight forward and you can do so here:
Session 1: Getting the Most out of your Week - Practical Time Management for Accountants
Time: 09:00 – 10:40
Speaker: Des O’Neill – OmniPro
The greatest challenge facing the accounting profession is not attracting clients.
The greatest challenge facing the accounting profession is not attracting and retaining the right people.
The greatest challenge facing the accounting profession is not building the right systems.
The greatest challenge facing the accounting profession is not doing the actual work and getting right.
The greatest challenge facing accountants is creating the time and space to set up their business to get these things done
This webinar helps accountants understand the fundamental principles of effectiveness while sharing practical strategies to gain momentum straight away.
In this session, Des O’Neill will cover the following:
- The real problem in relation to time management and accountants
- Not everything was created equal – The art of prioritisation and an introduction to extreme Pareto
- Playing to your strengths and away from your weaknesses – The Power of the “Not to Do List”
- Time Blocking – The Game Changer for zoning accountants diaries
- Ten Time Hacks for Accountants –From Email to Phones and Morning Routines to Notebooks
By attending this session you will gain the following:
- Experience a shift in mindset and understanding in relation to “time management” and gain a clear understanding of the real problem and not the perceived problem is the first step towards solving the problem
- gain an appreciation of the importance of priorities that participants have a practical question they can ask themselves to help focus on the things that matter
- understand the 3rd dimensional energy component of time to be able to identify what we should be doing, what we should not be doing, what we have to do and how to manage it all
- be provided with some quick win ideas to support the principles and fundamentals shared in the first 4 parts of the webinar
- walk away not only with an understanding of diary zoning but an actual skeleton plan for their diary
This webinar is for partners, managers, seniors and juniors. The principles and the strategies in this session can be applied by anyone at an level. Who would not find an extra 30 minutes a day invaluable?
Session 2: Critical Thinking for Accountants - What Matters Most in your Firm
Time: 11:00 – 12:40
Des O’Neill – OmniPro
Accountants intellect and thinking is a critical part of their value proposition yet how much time do we spend thinking about our thinking and improving our thinking capabilities. Often accountants are so busy doing that, that the thinking time and skills are neglected.
In this practical session, Des O’Neill looks at how accountants can integrate Critical Thinking into their business with transformative effects. Every firm big or small, every partner, every manager every sole practitioner, whether start up or thinking about exit – everyone will benefit from reflecting on and thinking about the things that matter most in a structured way.
Session 3: The Agile Accountant
Time: 13:40 – 15:20
Speaker: Terry Harmer – NLC Training
“The concept of ‘Agile’ has transformed software development over the last two decades, in recent times other sectors have seen the value in some of these principles. This brief session is designed to give you an introduction to the advantages of the Agile approach and how to bring it into your business or practice”
In this session, Terry will cover the following topics:
- The main topics will be:
- What is Agile?
- The Core values of Agile
- 12 principles of Agile
- The Benefits of Using Agile Methodology
- The Agile Accountant
- The R2A2 Formula
- Taking the best / ignore the rest
- Some useful Agile tools to start with..and something more
Session 4: The Persuasive Accountant
Time: 15:40 – 17:20
Speaker: Terry Harmer – NLC Training
“Whether you’re trying to win new clients, negotiate a better deal for yourself or somebody you represent; if you’re trying to persuade someone to follow a particular course of action, change direction or rethink their position, you will need to be skilled in the area of influence. The session will show you some of the skills and tools that are used by the world’s best negotiators”
In this session Terry will cover the following topics;
- The main topics will be:
- The Principles of Persuasion, and how to apply them in your communication
- Written and spoken sentence structures,
- Your steps to YES, determining outcomes for every stage
- Mirroring, matching and pacing
- Persuasive intonation
- “Shell Statements”
- Irish – English
- Questioning Techniques
- Co-operative assertion
- Rebutting arguments
CPD Course Facilitators
Des O'Neil - OmniPro
Having worked for a number of years in practice, Des O’Neill co-founded OmniPro to develop tools, techniques, products and services, empowering accountants to achieve their best.
Terry Harmer - NLC Training
Terry Harmer is a Member of the Institute of Training & Development (MIITD), a Fellow of the Sales Institute of Ireland, (FSII), a Member of the Marketing Institute of Ireland, (MMII) Member / Qualification, is a Licensed Practitioner of NLP, (NLP Prac.), holds qualifications in Business Administration, a Certificate in Training & Continuing Education, (1st Class Honours, NUI Maynooth), ROI Impact, Measurement, (training on training evaluation and transfer of skills to the workplace)
Terry delivers City & Guilds and QQI certified courses and a portfolio of training programmes ranging from a half day to over a year in duration. He is on the Enterprise Ireland Mentor panel, and has been working and training with West Offaly Training and Offaly Local Development Company (West Offaly Partnership) since 2001
Terry Harmer has worked with 22 LEO’s (Formerly Enterprise Boards) since their inception around the country, delivering training on Sales, Marketing, Business Development, People and Management Skills. His engagements for those LEO’s have been with new and established businesses delivering training and operating as a mentor.