Winter Taxation Essentials - Series 2
Registering for CPD Fest 2022 couldn’t be more straightforward. We have three packages for you to choose from – 8 hours, 16 hours and 24 hours of CPD – allowing you to customise the event to your own specific needs. Once purchased, pick ‘n’ mix the topics of most interest and relevance to you from any of the sessions running across the week of CPD Fest 2022.
CPD Fest Packages:
Any 8 CPD Fest Sessions
Any 16 CPD Fest Sessions
Any 24 CPD Fest Sessions
The 12 Gifts Of CPD Fest
Over the coming weeks we are going to give you advance access to hugely valuable extracts from the note packs The CPD Fest & The Essential Advisors’ Mix.
With The 12 Gifts of CPD Fest you will get guides, financial statements, checklists, tools, tax papers, letters of engagement and reports all the way up to and including the kitchen sink!
Registration for The 12 Gifts Of CPD Fest is free, quick and straight forward and you can do so here:
Session 1: Finance Bill 2022
Time: 09:00 – 10:40
Speaker: Paul Murphy – Martin J Kelly & Co
Following on from the early Budget in September, Finance Bill 2022 is the legislation to give effect to the budget headlines and, also more importantly for practitioners, the technical detail of items not mentioned in the budget. This is one of the most anticipated Finance Bills in years and this seminar will provide the accountant with a detailed understanding of the bill and will enable them to advise their clients on its implications and any tax planning opportunities available or pitfalls to avoid.
- Analysis of the main sections of Finance Bill 2022
- Up to date review of the amendments between Finance Bill & Act
- Overview of the main current individual and corporate reliefs and current timescales for claiming
Session 2: Tax Compliance Round Up 2022
Time: 11:00 – 12:40
Speaker: Paul Murphy – Martin J Kelly & Co
This course is designed to provide the attendee with a round-up of current tax compliance issues including payroll, vat and corporation tax. It will also focus on current Revenue compliance activities
- Payroll taxes update
- Corporation tax compliance and reliefs
- Vat update
- Update on Revenue compliance activities
Session 3: Self-Administered Pension Schemes – What you need to know for Tax Planning and Investing in 2022
Time: 13:40 – 15:20
Speaker: Aengus Burns – Grant Thornton
In this session Aengus Burns will be covering the following topics
- Self-administered vs Insured Structures
- Business cash extraction and Pension Funding
- Retirement Planning Considerations
- Property Investing with Pensions
- Impact of IORPII restrictions
Session 4: Trusts – Tax and Legal Consequences
Time: 15:40 – 17:20
Speaker: James Bradley – James Bradley & Co
In this presentation, James Bradley will identify the Trusts that are most appropriate in the given circumstances.
It will demonstrate the benefits and the tax inefficiencies of using trusts.
The presentation will:
- Identity all tax implications of using Trusts
- Differentiate between Discretionary Trusts and Fixed Trusts
- Demonstrate all taxes due during the life cycle of any Trust
- Propose an alternative to Trusts
CPD Course Facilitators
Paul Murphy - Martin J Kelly & Co
Paul Murphy is a taxation consultant and management accountant for Martin J. Kelly & Co. He is a corporation tax lecturer for the Irish Taxation Institute and is an Associate of both the Irish Taxation Institute and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Paul is a co-author of the Irish Taxation Institute’s annual publication, Irish Taxation Law and Practice.
James Bradley - James Bradley & Co
James is a qualified accountant and tax consultant. He is the principle of his own tax consultancy practice in Cork and deals with clients from all economy sectors and provides professional tax advice under all tax heads to his clients.
James has been lecturing for the Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Taxation in Tax for more than ten years and has also set tax exams for both Institutes.
James has also been providing continual professional development courses for the Institute of Certified Public Accountants / The Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Taxation in Tax for 10 years also.
Aengus Burns - Grant Thornton
Aengus joined Grant Thornton in 2002 and is a partner in the Financial Services Advisory team based in Galway and Dublin. He has extensive Restructuring, Insolvency and Corporate Finance experience. He heads up the Corporate Simplification team at Grant Thornton and is responsible for Members’ Voluntary Liquidations of Special Purpose Vehicles and Funds in particular. In addition, Aengus leads the Grant Thornton Pensioneer Trustee Services team which manages Self -Administered Pension Schemes on behalf of clients.
His Financial Services Advisory experience includes:
- managing solvent winding down operations of financial services companies
- creating restructuring strategies for manufacturing and retail companies
- acting as receiver over property assets and corporate entities
- acting as examiner and liquidator to various companies
- corporate finance advisory and transaction services and
- pensioneer trustee services to private clients